HLB’s Expatriate Tax specialists know it isn’t easy to balance talent management strategies with the additional costs that come with an ever-increasing globally mobile labour force. Extended business trips, short and long term assignments, and transfers to and from Thailand, all add to an increase in the employer’s tax burden. Other considerations such as retirement funds/pensions, and social security compliance and planning are often incurred for international employees.
Expatriate and mobile employees will give rise to wider tax and related issues for themselves and their employers.
Obtaining specialist assistance from advisers who understand these complex expat labour force challenges and can tailor solutions specific to your circumstances, as well as supporting your international employees with tax planning and compliance obligations, will ensure compliance and save you considerable time and costs, leaving you to focus on other key business priorities.
We offer a range of expatriate tax services, including:
- Personal consultations with international employees to explain the tax, superannuation/pension and social security implications of their move
- Structuring of remuneration packages
- Preparation of assignment cost projections
- Drafting international assignment tax policies and associated calculations
- Tax return preparation and compliance services in home and host countries
- Advice on international social security, superannuation and pension contributions
- Advice on cross border Employee Share Scheme issues
- Employer obligations in home and host countries for tax withholding, superannuation/pension, social security, payroll tax and workers’ compensation.